Sunday, June 22, 2014

one for the record books?

 
One for the record books?    Well look at this my corn is 3 foot tall (pole at foot markings) and remember the Feb. post showing snow covering the field!



rains have been typical of this time of year one area will get up to 5 inches and the next a trace amount.  For those who spent last night at the Plano relay with me it will come as a surprise that I had less than one tenth inch at this field, I sure was.  The farmer never quits thinking of weather, when I pulled into my drive at the wee hours of the morning the first thing I was looking for was how large of puddles would be waiting there, but surprise!! nothing.  Checked the gauge and hardly enough to dump. 

   These variable amounts do not mean many of us are lacking for moisture as there have been many fronts going across the corn belt.  Warm and high humidity has sent the corn reaching for the sky.  I will keep posting the height on that pole.

   National ave. corn yields could be above 160 bu/acre and may reach the USDA projection of 165.3.  Current U.S. Drought Monitor

       The drought map shows the corn belt in great shape but continue to pray for those that are less fortunate.

                                                                                                     Serving together,  Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment