Sunday, September 1, 2013

Good Soil

Good Soil - (Matthew 13-8)
This week I have seen a lot of acres in stress with low moisture and heat at mid day. I have been lucky to have gotten a few rains on my farm that many others have not. Also I am fortunate to have Good Soil. My soil has over 3% organic matter in the top profile that holds nutrients and moisture. The soil further down is mostly clay and has structure to allow for water to move down when too much rain comes. The combination runs 8 feet or more and the water is normally present at that level. With last years drought the water levels were lower until spring rains replenished them.

Yes I have been blessed with good soil. It is good because its dark color absorbs the sunlight in spring, gives nutrition to the plants all growing season, and the depth allows for misfortunes in weather by supporting growth during times that the plants would suffer. It is always there for the plants.

We can also be the Good Soil like Christ taught us. Through Foods Resource Bank we can Support others during their difficult times when they would suffer and always be there for them.

Serving Together, Dean Lundeen

No comments:

Post a Comment